The District Camp Scholarships for children deadline has been extended! There have been some great entries so far, but if you haven’t gotten yours in yet, never fear! The deadline has been extended to January 18th. Due to everyone’s busy Christmas schedules, we wanted to make sure everyone had time to enter! Follow the link for details for children K – 6th grade can enter. There are scholarships for Bayshore Camp and UMC Camping.
Summer seems so far away…but it’s never too early to make your plans for next year. The Children’s Ministry of the Central Bay District is working with Bayshore Camp and UM Camping to award summer camp scholarships. Two FULL scholarships are for Bayshore Camp in Sebewaing and two $250 for any UM Camp.
- One entry per child. Children in grades kindergarten through 6th grade are eligible to enter.
- Entry submission must include a one page drawn picture or essay (typed or handwritten) “Why I want to go to summer camp.”
- MUST be written/drawn by the child and at their age level. Judging will be based on appropriate age abilities.
- Email or mail the essay before 12/14/18. Extended to 1/18/19
Mail: Tina Karnath, 3617 Mackinaw Rd, Suite 1, Saginaw MI 48602
- Entry must contain the child’s name, age, contact phone and email address and home church on the BACK.
- Entries will be judged on originality, effort, thoughtfulness, creativity and passion regarding the topic.
Winners will be notified via email.
The Children’s Ministry of Central Bay District will send the money directly to the camp facility and be credited to that child’s account. The camp does NOT need to be picked prior to submitting the essay. The winner can choose any camp listed.
Two lucky names of remaining entrants will be drawn to win $100 scholarships towards their desired camp.
Winning entrants must be willing to create a short video after camp to share their fun experience. Video may be used on the Children’s Ministry District social media pages or at District Conference to promote children’s camping and future scholarships. Good luck!