- New Beginnings 2020 - FOR CLERGY AND CHURCHES TRANSITIONING APPOINTMENTS Are you being sent to a new church? Is… ...Read More
- Youth Mission Trip 2020 - July 5 - July 11, 2020 Lake Louise11037 Thumb Lake RoadBoyne Falls, MI 49713 Who… ...Read More
- 2020 Ministry Shares - 2020 Ministry Shares >>> Payment Information for 2020:Payment is due in full by November 15,… ...Read More
- DZone 1 in Action! - ...Read More
- Lay Servant Ministries-Basic Class - Download the Registration Form Rose City: TrinityParticipants will use the book Lay Servant Ministries: Basic… ...Read More
- Lay Equalization Members to Annual Conference - It is time again to prepare for Annual Conference. District churches are invited to nominate… ...Read More
Welcome to the Central Bay District
of the United Methodist Church!
Northeastern and Central Lower Peninsula
Central Bay encompasses 88 United Methodist churches and 16 multi-point charges. It is one of nine districts of the Michigan Conference.
Welcome, Reverend Kasper!
Congratulations to Rev. John Kasper on his appointment to Central Bay District Superintendent. We look forward to his term beginning July 1, 2020. In the meantime, Rev. Jeff Maxwell continues to serve as the Interim DS until July 1st. The Central Bay District is moving forward in 2020 with renewed energy and a positive outlook for spiritual growth.
Bishop Releases Statement on Separation Plan
Michigan Conference Bishop David Bard released a statement today in response to, “Protocol of Reconciliation & Grace Through Separation,” a 9-page proposal announced on January 3, 2020, that would preserve The United Methodist Church while allowing traditionalist-minded congregations to form a new denomination.
Disaffiliation Information Finalized
IN MID-JUNE THE CONFERENCE BOARD OF TRUSTEES PROVIDED A STATUS OF THE PROCESS AND ADVISED THAT THE FORMAL DISAFFILIATION AGREEMENT WAS PLANNED TO BE AVAILABLE AUGUST 1, 2019. IN KEEPING WITH THAT SCHEDULE THE BOARD HAS MET, DISCUSSED, AND CONCLUDED THE WORK ON DETERMINATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THAT AGREEMENT.